Vision: Safe use of biotechnologies
Mission: Research and advice on risk assessment and management of GMOs and emerging biotechnologies
- Deliver research with impact and of relevance for risk assessment and management of GMOs (genetically modified organisms)
- To survey ecosystems and societies for GMO occurrence and impacts
- To assess impacts by emerging biotechnologies and potential product
Contribute with science-based advice to national and international authorities for implementation of the Gene Technology Act, EU Directives and the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety
How and where
- GenØk shall be recognized as a reliable, accountable and predictable scientific organisation by authorities and within scientific communities at a national and international level.
- GenØk shall publish peer-reviewed articles, high quality reports and policy briefs to serve current and future Norwegian and global needs, including developing countries and the Arctic.
- GenØk shall actively disseminate scientifically based information to the public.
Capacity building and training strategies
- Deliver GMO relevant capacity building activities at national and international level
- Support ODA (official development assistance)-countries with training and advice on risk assessment and management of GMOs.
How and where
- All collaboration should be institutional
- Capacity building projects should have an exit-strategy to secure local sustainability
GenØk Board of Executives, Longyearbyen 13th October 2014